Last updated December 30, 2015
The purpose of this policy is to set out how Webefinity Pty Ltd manages any information it collects from web site visitors, customers and suppliers.
As a company who has chosen to "opt-in" (refer to http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/applying-privacy-law/privacy-registers/opt-in-register) to the Privacy Act, we have made a public commitment to maintain good privacy practice by following the National Privacy Principles (refer to http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/national-privacy-principles) set out by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
In summary, it is our policy to:
- Only collect as much information as is required to provide you with a service and meet our legal obligations;
- Store all collected information in a secure location;
- Encrypt all sensitive information such as passwords and credit card numbers using best-practice encryption methods;
- Provide access to the information by the owner as requested, or to a third party (such as law enforcement agencies) as it is required to do so by law;
- Provide the owner with the tools to add, edit or remove the information we have collected;
- Ensure all staff are engaged in binding agreements that protects the privacy of the information we collect;
- Protect all transactions to and from our website(s) that transmit sensitive information using a minimum 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate;
- Protect all data to and from our internal systems to and from our staff by secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection;
- Never sell or trade any information that has been collected without notifying the owner and allowing them to add, edit or remove the information we have collected.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our collection or use of your information and privacy, please contact Webefinity by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.